We require an Industrial Project Manager for our Head Office location. This job is primarily located in Edmonton, Alberta and may require working in industrial construction environments throughout Western Canada.
What We Look For
Synergy Projects Ltd. is a general construction firm with the head office located in St. Albert specializing in commercial, institutional, retail and industrial projects. We are a dynamic, growing company with a true team atmosphere and strong commitment to our community.
The Project Manager will assist with the pre-award process, define project objectives and ensure the project is built safely in accordance with design, budget and schedule. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of projects (projects will range up to $70M). All aspects of material financial impact, project delivery or client relations on the project will need to be approved by the VP, Industrial and SVP, Industrial.
- Mechanical, Civil or Structural engineering degree or equivalent training and experience
- 10 + years’ experience working on industrial construction projects up to $70 million
- Very proficient in construction execution, engineering, estimating, scheduling, QA/QC and safety
- A track record of leading high performance teams and effectively managing the growth of team members
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable and able to balance multiple priorities. As Synergy is a growing company, the position is evolving and changing with the needs of the company. The candidate must have the following skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge and experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Thorough knowledge with scheduling software (Primavera and Microsoft Project)
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with clients, trade partners, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party organizations.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record of leading and developing high performance teams
- Strong ability to manage multiple demands across various projects and sites
- Thorough knowledge of risk management principles and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement Synergy Industrial's corporate project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards to maximize project success.
- Developing, recommending and implementing the project plan after the project is awarded
- Responsible for quality control by applying company quality control methods to ensure project requirements are met.Act as the key point of contact for the client related to all contractual and business related matters
- Leads project meetings with internal and external clients and stakeholders to ensure the project targets are achieved
- Manage changes in scope and lead the change order management process
- Selecting trade partners for the project
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with engineers, architects, clients, suppliers and trade partners
- Coordinate, manage and communicate with trade partners and effectively deal with challenges such as delivery, labour, scheduling and payment disputes
- Monitoring / controlling construction progress through direction of on-site and off-site project personnel to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget
- Communicating with the Senior Vice President and Vice President on project status and project results in a timely fashion
- Assisting with the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning and estimating
- Assist with proposals when required
- Oversee the tendering of trade partners when required
Project Accounting & Administration:
- Assist in program and process development for project specific and organizational use
- Manage compliance with accounting and administrative procedures and practices established for the project in the prime contract
- Review and approve progress billings from trade partners
- Together with accounting, prepare client invoices and follow up on collections and overdue accounts receivableMonitor project costs to budget, creates cost-to-complete projections and prepares monthly profit estimates.
- Manage progress reporting process
- Ensure project files are complete, current and filed in the appropriate location – electronic and paper – so that all team members can access them
- Reviews and approves project health and safety records
- Display a professional image and approach with clients, consultants and suppliers and sub-contractors
- Develop strong client relationships resulting in additional future business or add-on business to project
Safety is one of our core values, and if you want to work for a company that cares for its employees and is continuously changing and improving, give us a try.