The primary responsibilities of the Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment Manager is to manage, coordinate and oversee all aspects of the FF&E procurement process and site implementation. The FF&E Manager is responsible for the review and completion of the FF&E requirements and specifications with the client for all aspects of the project. The FF&E Manager considers the full life cycle of the business and makes recommendations on all FF&E items to the project stakeholders.
What We Look For
Synergy is a group of integrated companies providing complete building solutions. We are driven to provide our clients simplicity in all of their commercial construction, build out, and facility maintenance needs. We accomplish this through our three main divisions:
- Synergy Projects Ltd. focuses on Commercial Construction, including major/structural construction, major tenant improvements, and DIRTT prefabricated interior solutions. Synergy Projects has and remains the core business in the Synergy Group and has been in business for over 20 years.
- Synero Inc. provides smaller tenant improvements, renovations, and integrated facilities maintenance solutions to our clients through our building operator services, general commercial handyman services, and a broad scope of maintenance areas to ensure one point of contact for our clients’ building maintenance needs.
- Innerspaces provides commercial furnishings, move management, and space plan services to give ease to the final stage of a tenant’s move in process, making sure that every aspect of their workspace needs are met.
Our flagship brand, Synergy Projects is an Alberta based, full service construction firm specializing in providing services through general construction, design build and construction management. We are focused on using best in-class teams and processes to deliver safe projects in the building construction domain for our clients across Western Canada. Synergy’s head office is located in St. Albert and our firm was incorporated in 1996. Since then, our team has delivered projects for private developers, business owners, governments, and institutions.
When Dennis Mozak, our Founder and C.E.O, incorporated Synergy Projects Ltd., he carefully chose a name that would reflect the company’s core philosophy:
Synergy [sin-er-jee]: noun; “the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects”.
We believe in doing what is right for our team, our planet, our clients and our partners. By living true to our values we will continue to be a construction leader that delivers innovative services to the marketplace at the highest level of quality.
Duty or Responsibility: Furniture Fixtures & Equipment Manager
- Identify FF&E needs based on project documents and client requirements.
- Develop proposed project budgets and maintain project expenditures within budget.
- Develop FF&E project schedules, monitor progress and complete projects on schedule.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate.
- Develop and interpret specifications, scopes of work, and contracts where applicable.
- Ensure completed tasks meet cost, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Negotiate contract order changes with suppliers as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the client and oversee and coordinate the work of suppliers, contractors, and consultants working on FF&E project tasks.
- Prepare periodic budget and expenditure reports.
- Produce periodic status reports to direct project participants.
- Resolve or assist in the resolutions of conflicts within and between projects or timelines; develop methods to monitor project or area progress; provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Maintain quality of standards of performance, functionality, and cost by effectively applying established company methodology and enforcing project standards.
- Effectively communicate and update project stakeholders on project progress.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team and participate in project meetings as required.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and storage of high quality project documentation including contracts, change orders, specifications, budgets, expenditure records, schedules, correspondence, transmittals, memos, reports, and other project files as per Synergy standards.
- Inspect shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received in order to ensure compliance with purchase order specifications. Identify and reports shortages, damages and other discrepancies.
Core Client Interaction Competencies:
- Work closely with clients to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Identify and interpret client requirements; evaluate and implement requirements within the confines of the established project objectives. Advocate on behalf of client and represent clients’ needs to FF&E suppliers.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Facilitate client meetings effectively.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve and/or escalate client concerns or issues in a timely fashion.
- Convey project findings in the preparation of reports and customer presentations.
- Prepare reports with issue identification, suggest alternative solutions and clearly stated recommendations.
- Establish client trust; seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Duty or Responsibility: Quality Control and Environmental Program
- Ensure all FF&E purchases meet client quality requirements.
Decisions and Authority
- This position is responsible for supervising and monitoring all safety aspects on the work sites, in office and employees.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Post secondary education in business, technical engineering related program or similar education preferred.
- Previous experience working on major construction projects in an FF&E role preferred.
- Or relevant purchasing and or project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in the construction industry is required.
- The ability to investigate and communicate with third parties when clarification is required.
- Self starter and organized to work within specific timelines.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills..
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to negotiate.
- Complete thorough research and recommendations.
- This position may require extended periods of computer work including reviewing text on a computer screen, typing and using a mouse.
- As travel to in and out of town sites is required, a valid driver’s license and access to an appropriate vehicle is required.
- Working at site in potentially hazardous materials and conditions including but not limited to walking, climbing, lifting, etc.
- Working on site may be inside or outdoors therefore is subject to the working conditions of the construction site. As such is required to meet all PPE requirements when on site.
- Work is required to be completed within deadlines therefore overtime maybe required.