Synergy Projects is looking for a competitive talented individual with experience in working on hard bid, design build, and construction management estimates. The primary focus of this position is to provide accurate estimating and subcontractor costing from the concept stage through to the contract letting and planning stage. The Senior Estimator will be reporting directly to the Pre-Construction Manager.
What We Look For
Synergy is a group of integrated companies providing complete building solutions. We are driven to provide our clients simplicity in all of their commercial construction, build out, and facility maintenance needs. We accomplish this through our three main divisions:
1. Synergy Projects Ltd. focuses on Commercial Construction, including major/structural construction, major tenant improvements, and DIRTT prefabricated interior solutions. Synergy Projects has and remains the core business in the Synergy Group and has been in business for over 20 years.
2. Synero Inc. provides smaller tenant improvements, renovations, and integrated facilities maintenance solutions to our clients through our building operator services, general commercial handyman services, and a broad scope of maintenance areas to ensure one point of contact for our clients’ building maintenance needs.
3. Innerspaces provides commercial furnishings, move management, and space plan services to give ease to the final stage of a tenant’s move in process, making sure that every aspect of their workspace needs are met.
Our flagship brand, Synergy Projects is an Alberta based, full service construction firm specializing in providing services through general construction, design build and construction management. We are focused on using best in-class teams and processes to deliver safe projects in the building construction domain for our clients across Western Canada. Synergy’s head office is located in St. Albert and our firm was incorporated in 1996. Since then, our team has delivered projects for private developers, business owners, governments, and institutions.
When Dennis Mozak, our Founder and C.E.O, incorporated Synergy Projects Ltd., he carefully chose a name that would reflect the company’s core philosophy:
Synergy [sin-er-jee]: noun; “the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects”.
We believe in doing what is right for our team, our planet, our clients and our partners. By living true to our values we will continue to be a construction leader that delivers innovative services to the marketplace at the highest level of quality.
• Review and analyse plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects.
• Perform complete estimates, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
• Build and complete conceptual budgets and design build estimates.
• Develop preliminary construction schedules on Microsoft projects.
• Supervise the solicitation of trades on bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tendered bid closings
• Provide guidance and clear direction to the Synergy estimating coordinator, and other personnel, on their estimating related requirements
• Manage and coordinate work activities with other Synergy team members
• Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management
• Develop detailed knowledge of market labour and equipment rates.
• Will communicate effectively with other estimating staff, all levels of management, clients, and vendors
• Develop and maintain business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to create a competitive advantage over the competition
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma related to Construction Management, Quantity surveying, Estimating, Engineering, or related technical education.
• Journeyman certificate and on-site experience is a bonus
• 8 years minimum of progressive estimating experience preferably within commercial construction.
• Experience working in a medium to large construction firm.
• Experience working on commercial, institutional, and light industrial buildings $1m to $50m+ in value.
• General construction knowledge; understands specifications, methods and procedures, and will be effective in problem solving and decision making.
• 5 years minimum working in Canada, Western Canada preferably.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
• Must be familiar and or must be adaptable in using computer estimating software; On-Screen Takeoff, Smartbid, Excel, and Microsoft Projects scheduling software.
• Must have a valid provincial driver’s license and vehicle to attend pre bid meetings and site inspections.