What We Look For
We require an Administrative Assistant for our Head Office location. This is a fast-paced, entry level position supporting a team of professionals involved in a variety of active construction projects.
Synergy Projects is a general construction firm with the head office located in St. Albert specializing in commercial, institutional and retail projects. We are a dynamic, growing company with a true team atmosphere and strong commitment to our community. Our projects range from tenant improvements and renovations to large institutional construction.
We require an Administrative Assistant for our Head Office location. This is a fast paced position supporting a team of professionals involved in a variety of active construction projects. This position has two primary responsibilities – acting as the front desk reception for the head office (the CEO of First Impressions), and providing project related administrative support to various departments as needed. Duties range from contract administration, filing, typing and correspondence, mail processing, ordering supplies, coordinating of boardrooms and conference lines, liaison between the building property managers/janitorial staff and the office, phone system management, ensuring that all meeting rooms and public spaces are kept tidy and presentable at all times, answering phones and greeting visitors in person. The ideal candidate will possess a mature, self-directed demeanor who must be able to work independently, and exercise complete discretion with confidential information.
This is an hourly position and pay will be based on experience and qualifications. Please include salary expectations with your resume.
- Manage, maintain and monitor reception area
- Promptly receive and screen all incoming telephone calls, providing friendly and professional greeting, taking messages as appropriate and eliciting necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses
- Professionally greet, assist and/or direct all walk-in traffic
- Maintain knowledge of phone and voicemail system, troubleshoot as necessary
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of internal and external contact lists, manuals, and directories.
- Maintain staff directory in Outlook and group addresses lists as required.
- Facilitate general administration of the office including sending and receiving couriers, maintenance of office equipment and weekly ordering of office supplies.
- Opening and distributing incoming mail; preparation and sending out of outgoing mail.
- Preparation of forms, documents and correspondence as required.
- Ensure the boardroom is clean and supplies are stocked.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
Estimating – Duties may include setting up estimate files, printing documents either pre or during bid, updating estimate documents and general trade correspondence.
Marketing – Duties may include general admin tasks for proposals (startup meetings, labels, collecting documents, editing proposals etc.), general admin support and helping manage and schedule events.
Operations Support – Provide general administrative support to project teams as required. Duties may include data entry, preparation of contracts, document control and general administrative duties.
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable and able to balance multiple priorities. As Synergy is a growing company, the position is evolving and changing with the needs of the company. The opportunity for personal and professional career development within the company will be available.
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Good typing and written communication skills, including business letter composition
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, presents a professional image
- A customer service focus and able to work in a team environment but also seperately
- Good time management and able to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of an office environment and related administration requirements
- Proficient with computers, especially Microsoft Outlook, and the MS Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, etc)
- Knowledge of various business machines, including Fax, Photocopy, e
- Strong Organizational skills
- Energetic with a positive attitude
Completion of an office administrative certificate or equivalent experience would be considered and asset.